- What I Want to Remember About This Day
- JavaFX vs. Swing
- Storytron 2.0 Directions
- LudoNarraCon 2019
- Storytron Fall 2019 Update
- James Veitch: This Is What Happens When You Reply To Spam Email & More Adventures In Replying to Spam
- Storytron Summer 2019 Update
- Trust & Betrayal: The Legacy of Crawford
- Other Forms of Gossip
- Could Siboot Be Revived?
Tag Archives: game-development
Here is a PDF version of Chris Crawford’s 1984 The Art of Computer Game Design (an original scan can also be found at the Internet Archive).
Good writeup by Matthew Gallant about applying Scott McCloud‘s Six Layers of Art to video game design. The second of McCloud’s concepts that I’d like to explore is his idea of the six elements of art. He believes that “any artist creating any … Continue reading
A transcript of Bruce Sterling‘s “The Wonderful Power of Storytelling” talk at the Computer Game Developer’s Conference in 1991. (Schismatrix is still one of my favorite books.) “That’s why I’m here as your guest speaker tonight, ladies and gentleman, It’s because I … Continue reading